Sunday 20 October 2013

EOS - Evolution of Smooth Lip Balm in Sweet Mint

As a lip balm junkie, it is quite outrageous that it is only now that I finally got my hands on the cutest lip balm there is out there - the Evolution of Smooth Lip Balm (EOS).  ^_^ Mine is in Sweet Mint as I love all things minty!


Look how cute it is!! It reminds me a lot of the Kinder Surprise chocolate eggs (or just eggs, period!). At first glance, I had thought that it will be a bit tedious to hold and apply given its rounded shape. We are all used to the usual twist up cylinder tubes of most other lip balms and it did occur to me "Will I often drop this?", especially when unscrewing it open.

Taking it out of its packaging, my first instinct was to give it a sniff! haha! And I was glad I did because, Oh My!!, even without unscrewing it open, I could appreciate the sweet minty aroma of this particular EOS Lip Balm flavor. I am already loving this balm even before I apply it!

My question above was immediately answered when I examine the package.
There is a strategically placed indentation on one side of the packaging that you almost-by-reflex, put your thumbs over as you unscrew it open. Easy and no slipping!

See the indentation on the side?

The balm inside is of course as cute as you'd imagine it to be with its packaging - half a sphere of lip balm goodness. "Packed with antioxidant-rich vitamin E, soothing shea butter and jojoba oil, eos keeps your lips moist, soft and sensationally smooth"


Hello cute balm!
Now I am not very sure how deep the balm goes into the packaging.... Is it just half a sphere or a full sphere of product in there? Given that it weighs 7g, I think it is a whole sphere? Those who have gone through their spheres, let me know! I am curious!

Easy grip for application
The indentation is also handy for a good grip for application. On my first application, I was delighted with the minty sensation on my lips! The intensity was perfect. Not too much and not too little. (I get disappointed with certain lip balms that claim to be minty but did not leave any of the cool minty feel I had expected). As for its moisturizing level, definitely in the "healing" range as it is quite rich. That being said, it does not feel too greasy, sticky or slippery and I am not hating it. It is not glossy on the lips (which I also love).

For those who are not a fan of minty lip balms, not to worry as the EOS Lip Balm comes in a variety of other non-minty flavors such as Strawberry Sorbet and Summer Fruit.

Blew this pic up so you could see the ingredients! Good to know: Exp date is on the top left corner.
Each flavor comes in different colored packaging. Imagine how cute it is to have them all!

Overall, I am very happy with the EOS Lip Balm. Price wise, it goes for a bit higher than most lip balms but you are getting 7g of high quality product. Evolution of Smooth Lip Balms are available in Canada at selected Shoppers Drug Mart and Rexall outlets.  

To my knowledge, EOS Lip Balms are not yet available in Malaysia. A friend and myself have decided to start a small online shopping project where we will bring products that I love in Canada available to my readers in Malaysia and vice versa. We chose the EOS Lip Balms as our first item and will bring more items if there is a good response. To my readers in Malaysia, if you would like to get your hands on the EOS Lip Balms at reasonable prices, do check out Beautiful Beauty Buys and check it out soon as the current order for the EOS Lip Balm is open only till the end of October 2013.


Reminder: Product that works for me may not work for you, and vice versa. =)      

2 comments:

  1. Hensem guy can use this 1 or not?:p
    -idiaz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! of course! handsome guys are encouraged to use this to make their lips irresistible! hehe.

      Delete