Saturday 22 December 2012

Benefit Brow Zings Brow Shaping Kit vs. Bobbi Brown Natural Brow Shaper

Hello!
     Today I will review on a make-up product (2 different brands) that is definitely my if-you-have-to-choose-only-one-makeup-product-what-will-it-be. For some people it is mascara, others mention lip gloss and concealer. Personally, I cannot go without my eyebrow groomer. =)
      I started to be concern on how my eyebrows look back in 2009. I think it was in 2009 when thicker eyebrows started to be seen in magazines and I was on board! Given my rather rounded face shape, a thicker well-shaped eyebrows help sharpen my face a little (or so i think! =D) Also, thicker means less maintenance and no painful plucking!  
      The first eye brow grooming product i had was by Benefit.


However, in 2010, i started to use the Natural Brow Shaper by Bobbi Brown. It wasnt because the Benefit product was not working that i switched. Rather, I find the Bobbi Brown version was much easier and faster to apply. With Benefit Brow Zings Brow Shaping Kit, even though it is not rocket scientist, i had definitely required a lot of practice before i was comfortable enough with the application. 
     Bobbi Brown Natural Brow Shaper on the other hand, is packaged like mascara with a brush applicator also similar to a mascara. This I find easier to keep clean compared to the palette type of the Benefit kit. My Benefit kit got messy after having it for a few weeks. But of course, Benefit's packaging is cuter.
     Application wise, I find it much easier and faster. Even though the brush applicator looks quite big, it actually does the job pretty nicely and offer a more controlled amount application of the product. In correcting mistakes, both products are quite easy to clean off using just a cotton bud- but only when it is still wet! (When dried, both products do require extra efforts to remove, such as soap & water, or make-up remover) Due to the Bobbi Brown's more liquid consistency (Benefit's is thicker), it may be just a little easier and less messy to remove and correct.
      As for their finish, both delivers a natural look. I have never really tried any brow pencils as I fear the overall look will seem so colored on. Both products will not get washed off if you get caught in the rain but will get onto your nails if you scratch an itchy eyebrow!



Currently, there are 4 shades plus 1 clear, available in the US. In Malaysia, only 3 shades are available. The shade that I personally use is the darkest one available here - Mahogany. Although it comes only in a small tube with 4.2 ml of product, it generally last me about 4 and a half months. Price wise, it retails for MYR75, which is quite stiff, but if you do the maths, at least for me, it is MYR18 a month, which is not too bad for a product that I am happy with.

Bobbi Brown Natural Brow Shaper is available at all Bobbi Brown counters.
Benefit Brow Zings Brow Shaping Kit is available at all Benefit Cosmetics counters and Sephora outlets.

Reminder: Product that works for me may not work for you, and vice versa. =)


2 comments:

  1. I swear by this everyday now. I wasn't always a fan, as I thought personally using both powder and gel made my brows too dark, but now if I just use the powder lightly it gives great coverage. Great post chick x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! Yep, the intensity is definitely buildable. x

      Delete